Search This Stupid News

Seattle Woman ‘Marries’ Building

Seattle Woman ‘Marries’ Building
A Seattle woman recently exchanged vows with an abandoned warehouse that is set to be demolished to make way for a new apartment building. Babylonia Aivaz and 16 friends went to the warehouse in December to protest the planned development of an apartment complex. Calling it a “gay marriage,” Aivaz was asked by the attending minister if she would “love and cherish and protect this warehouse.” She responded in verse, quoting the Cat Power song “Sea of Love.” “Come with me my love, to the sea, the sea of love. I want to tell you how much I love you.” She then added her own verses. “Do you remember when we met? I cleaned your rooms and wash your floors, built community, opened some doors. You changed my life. I’ll never forget the day we met. I’ll cherish your community spirit until the day I die.” After the wedding, a large banner reading: “I Do” was hung outside the building as the attendees sang “Lean On Me.” Sadly, demolition on the building began ahead of schedule, starting last Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails