Search This Stupid News

Time Off For Losing Weight

A Florida man earned nine days off of his 29-day jail sentence by losing 25 pounds during his stay behind bars. George McCovery, 37, who had been convicted of driving with a suspended license, accepted a deal from Lake County Judge Donna Miller to spend his first 20 days in jail losing weight and then have a day removed from the remainder of his sentence for each pound he had shed. “It’s not easy to lose weight. I thought he’d lose 5, maybe, 6 pounds – not 25,” Miller said. “It’s like (sentencing) someone in a drug case. I’d much rather have them stop doing drugs than send them to jail. I hope I can help.” McCovery, who went from 345 pounds to 320 pounds, said he received encouragement from detention deputies. He said he was also helped by the bland jail food and the desire not to disappoint Miller. “She gave me a chance to prove myself, and I didn’t want to let her down,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails