Search This Stupid News

Woman Sets Wing-Walking Record

A Tulsa, Oklahoma, woman set a new world endurance record by wing walking four hours above San Francisco on a World War II-era biplane. Wearing an iPod, Ashley Battles stood, walked, stretched and danced to Christian music from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday on the 33-foot wing of a Super 450 Boeing Stearman, breaking the previous wing-walking record of 3 hours, 23 minutes set by a Frenchman in 1990. Battles reportedly endured hurricane-force winds, frigid temperatures and bugs, but she said her biggest worry was birds. “One bird is all it takes to kill me,” she said. “The force would just crush everything in my body. I get covered with millions of bugs, but I hold my breath every time I see a bird.” Battles studied at Oklahoma State University to be a pilot but became bored and turned to wing-walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails